Sunday 10 November 2019

Pole start


Photography of Road at Nighttime
I have always had a habit, the habit to see the moon from the balcony of my room. It wasn’t my habit since the start, I developed to do so after we fell apart .I know it sounds foolish and silly, but who cares any ways .I do this because even I need a reason to come back home before .Five years have passed since I saw him last .The last time I saw him ,the night was in it’s best color and the moon was in full shape, it was the most beautiful night I even lived through and I guess was the last of its kind too. The crimson that faded from the corners and the blue of entering darkness I still don’t forget the sky that was shaded with a part of day and a part of night and where the day and night were divided ,started a road that ended everything from then. The streets were dimly lit with lights on both the sides,the markets had their usual noises and the children had the same old choices ,my eyes looked at this road everyday,but that day they found something that was not so usual.between all those familiar strangers I could see someone I recognized without seeing the face .In between the start and end of the roods standing still, there was a truck with loaded goods ,by its side was a boy who looked too familiar .after thinking just for a moment I knew who he was,but now the question changed from"who is he?"to"why is he there?" and" where is he going?"i knew not where he was heading ,I knew not where he is leaving to, but I sure know it was him and then I could see he was leaving.From where I was standing I bet he could not see and recognize me, and yet as if he could hear my heart from so far he turned to look at me.I wasn’t at the age of having a phone in hand nor was I gutsy enough to have his number even if I managed to get a phone at that time.From a distance we could only see each other and hope that the one afar can understand and so helplessly we stood at a distance that could only show us difference between .Quite a few minutes after and few seconds before departure,sitting behind on his fathers bike he waved a hand and uttered goodbye nothing more happened that night ,I guess there was nothing left to happen at least but the next day he wasn’t at school .I did not wonder why, after all the only truth about himself that he did not hide from us was his shifting life, but then I realized that the only thing I wished was, that he recognized and remembers the person he waved good bye. Back home when I came my feet took me to the balcony directly ,I didn’t know by then what my eyes wished to see,but soon I understood when my heart beated fast listing to a horn sound tired of the racing heart when I lifted my head to see the sky, I saw that ,The night sky was full of stars but no moon.Since then every night I hopefully wait to see the night after the night which has no moon, because I hope to see a smiling face that waves me a hi from the same place someday when the moon in the sky is back in its place.The balcony I stand didn’t change ,the roads that lead to the ends didn’t change but the sky that I look at everyday changes , the position of each star changes , their distances from me change too.But the story of hope doesn't end there.Yesterday I got an unknown call right when i was rushing to get something from office,usually I don’t take such calls but somehow I picked up,I was in a hurry I guess so I said"hello" to the one on the other side ,and a voice replied ”I am back so I wanted to say hi” I uttered no more ,I ran upstairs ,rushed into the house and stood at the same spot in the balcony  ,” now say hi”and  he cut the call ,soon after a hand at exactly same spot raised high enough to tough the sky ,and then he smiled .After seeing each other from the same distance for a while he messaged me “look at the sky” that’s when I realized that the changing sky everyday had one thing that never changed ,the pole star, and then was an other message from him ,"thanks for guiding me back".




No comments:

Post a Comment

A promise to stop Time

Time is a villain in most of my stories, necessarily because time just teaches lessons that are harsh that too in the most brutal ways. Time...